Thursday, November 26, 2009

Chav, Emo or Neek?

Which catergory do you think you are most suited to: chav, emo, neek???



Stereotypical defintions:



Chav - Erm isn't it like so obvious?! not usually boys, side ponytail, nice hair, over socialable, quite dumb when it comes to schoolwork, like r%26amp;b/ hip hop music, care a lot about fashion, wear mini skirts(!), act full of themselves a lot, flirt with boys etc.



Emo - Aka. emotional: someone who slits their wrists, absolutely loves rock music, goes into states of severe depression and moodiness, wears mainly black or black and white strips, is quite tomboyish (if they are a girl)



Neek - A cross between a nerd and a geek = someone who is very, very clever, wears glasses, dresses in neat school uniform, very unsocialable and "uncool", actually bothers to take notes in class, teacher's pet.



So you get the idea. Which one are you most suited to?!



Chav, Emo or Neek?

i'm a rebel, not emotional so i don't fit in your category



Chav, Emo or Neek?

neek for me



i hate chavs and pikeys and emo's



Chav, Emo or Neek?

Probably Emo ... but I am a very happy emo lol I just like to dress a bit different and enjoy rock, indie and alternative music!!



xx



Chav, Emo or Neek?

What the hell is a neek? There's no difference between a nerd and a geek, they're two words with the same meaning.



I prefer not to be classified as anything.



Chav, Emo or Neek?

I... am most like a ...chav but im not that slutty and im smart ;)



Chav, Emo or Neek?

i dont catagorise myself... i'm just me and in ALLLL HONESTY don't fit into any of those... i'm kind of a cross and have friends in all groups, i think its more socially beneficial for the future



Chav, Emo or Neek?

closest one to me is Emo, but i'm more goth than emo... not that i really care for being labelled by media stereotypes.. the way the media makes everyone think that all emos and goths are miserable and self harm... i hate the way it makes so many people jump to loads of wrong conclusions... for instance, most people think that emos / goths are all miserable looking skinny teenagers. well, i am 10 years past being a teenager, and i have a 5 year old son, and i certainly don't cut myself.... people should think for themselves a bit more, rather than letting the media do it for them.



Chav, Emo or Neek?

I spose Emo but I am quite happy with life, and wear more red than black. Does that make me Elmo?



Chav, Emo or Neek?

I'd say none of them. I used to be a Neek at school, but now I'm more... individual. I can dress any way I fancy because when you get older, stereotyping from the way people dress happens much less. I always wear heavy eye make-up, but when I'm not at work (office wear), I just dress pretty but practical, but I can just as easily do anything from ultra-girly to punk/metal. Never Chav though! Or Emo, I run a kids group and most of them would describe themselves as Emo, so I always see the Emo style as one that I'm too old for.



Chav, Emo or Neek?

I don't think I fit into any of those!



I listen to chav music - r'n'b, bassline, dance, hiphop etc.



But I do NOT act like a chav in any way shape nor form!



I'm not anything emo. Although I don't mind a few rock songs every now and then.



I'm pretty clever, and I do dress smartly and neatly.



Haha and I do take notes in class.



Actually, I think I am more neek!



Chav, Emo or Neek?

im a chav innit



Chav, Emo or Neek?

Why does anyone have to be categorised into any group? Surely it just creates conflict, purely by existing?



These words teenagers seem to come up with are just excuses to exclude people or to hide jealousy - or feel superior by shouting out such names at people.



Clothes, interests and the friends we make don't make us who we are, they don't place us into any category - or at least they shouldn't. It's the choices we make and the way we act around/treat others who define that.



So maybe "chavs" are associated with a.s.b.o.'s thus they seem altogether intimidating. But is it because of this stereotype that they feel they have a licence to do so... to live up to it?



Same with "emo's" - but then most teens get depressed sometimes, some more than others. Hormones go mental and maybe they feel better knowing that there's a group they can belong to and identify with. You'll find that these emo's don't have much reason to "slit their wrists", unless they too follow this stereo type out of curiosity into why fellow "emo's" do.



"Neek"?! - just another name made up to add to this stupid name game and give more reason for divide amongst teens.



Everyone's ideas of these groups are different...



...for instance;



- i don't think girls are more likely to be "chav's" than boys?



- i don't think they know a hell of a lot about fashion either...(that would be an "indie kid")



- not all emo's slit their wrists, and i hate it when people assume that as part of the stereotype, it's stupid.



- i don't think girl emo's are that tomboyish at all



- i don't think that emo's "absolutely love rock music", if they are emotional they listen to music that would evoke emotion, that could be anything emotional.



- i don't think "neek" should be counted as a group/name at all...it makes the caller sound even more pathetic.



Rant over - I just hate how stupid this name game/group thing is getting...more names every flipping month/year, all created by teenagers who could be spending their time getting to know anyone their age. Not rejecting people who they think they shouldn't get on with just because they belong to a different social scene.



Chav, Emo or Neek?

none of those.



Chav, Emo or Neek?

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek



Chav, Emo or Neek?

none of them, I think none of them will commite suicide because of their appearance.



Chav, Emo or Neek?

Emo, i hate Chav and "Neek" are ok (never heared of it put that way before). i do all the emo things u say here. so thats where im mainly put. but i suppose i am a bit of a "neek" too. i get good grades im in honors classes and i get along well with most teachers. but i dress how i want. and im guessing u might be from somewhere over in England or close to there because i have only heared the term Chav used bye my friends over there. in the USA they are preps. but i dont know im thinking aloud. sorry.



Chav, Emo or Neek?

I am in all between, cuz I really like r%26amp;b/hip hop music, i sometimes get emotional and I take notes at school! :) Kinda weird, I guess I'm tryin' to blend in! :)



Chav, Emo or Neek?

i thought nerd and geek were the same things?? ah well im probably actually closest to a chav shock horror. but i think there are lots of chav boys too...



Chav, Emo or Neek?

I though chavs were, little girls, often fat with greasy hair tight in a ponytail, very little sense of fashion and lacking the ability to speak even the most basic English..you know i mean?



Anyway I d say the second, specially after i ve seen the chav



Chav, Emo or Neek?

OK Well I'm In NONE Of Those I'm More Of A Skater.(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
secured loan