Sunday, November 29, 2009

Hair Crisisss!?

I've had a short hairstyle for three years!



The first year when I got it cut, my hair was in pretty bad shape. It was uneven and breaking because I didn't know how to care for it correctly.



I had to get it short. But I liked it then. And I went to the salon regularly to get it relaxed and conditioned. It was shiny---kinda like Judge Hatchett's! For some dumb reason, I got it cut because I didn't like the length it had grown out to. Those days I wasn't up for weave so I thought I couldn't do anything with it. After I cut it, I started going to the salon less and less. I noticed my hair had lost its shine. Since the beginning of this year, I haven't been to the salon. For a couple months I just let it sit there! But now I'm using boxed relaxers [which I don't like.] Still, a mixture of me not knowing what exactly to put in my hair, me letting it go for so long, and stress are getting to it.



1. What is a good weekly/monthly routine for black hair? Including all the hair products



Hair Crisisss!?

Palmer's has an Olive Oil Formula Hair Conditioner that will really work on keeping the shine in your hair as long as you use it everytime you wash it and keep your ends clipped...you only have to use it once when you wash it and it stays until you shampoo it out...



As far as hair care--I recommend you wrap your hair, because it's short---get a good flat iron and straighten it really good and just wrap it before you go to sleep at night--it'll keep your hair straight and you won't really have to do too much to it when it's time to style or put that much heat on it--it'll already have a little bump to it.



I wash my hair with the Optimum Oil therapy shampoo and conditioner. It smells good and it doesn't leave that weird film on your hair, like some conditioners do.



Hope you get some more good advice on keepin that hair healthy and shiny!!



Hair Crisisss!?

u idiot go 2 the ******** salon!



Hair Crisisss!?

There is no set routine for black hair. Your individual hair texture and condition of the hair will dictate what maintenance you need for your hair.



A good web site/forum to visit is called Black Hair Media Forum. It's hair care and beauty information for women of color.



http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/default....



On the site you can learn all about what kind of hair texture you have and the best way to care for it from other members who have experience with their own hair. It is not product affiliated. It's simply a group of predominately black women sharing hair care strategies.



I am a member and have used the advice from the site to transition from relaxing my hair to going natural to learning how to care for my hair in it's natural state (curly as opposed to straight).



I've gotten recommendations on products and hair care routines and ultimately found a mix that works for me.



Hope that helps you!



Hair Crisisss!?

If your hair is anything like your avatar, you should wash ur every 2 weeks with a really good shampoo and conditoner. Olive oil products are really good and make ur hair really shiny. also if you u use a box relaxer, try the olive oi one. Using the entire line of a certain product works well. Also when you wash it, use a mousse foam wrap lotion and comb it down straight with a little of gel and sit under the dryer. Afterwards, comb it out and apply a silicon based serum, like biosilk. This will enhance the shine and protect it from heat. Flat iron or curl in whatever style you like. But I would leave that up to a stylists if u can't do it. But in between salon visits, try this.



Hair Crisisss!?

Try using Vitale Super Reconstructor Conditioner....it has menthol for dry itchy scalps. It will give you that shine that you are talking about. I use it weekly. It contains Protein, so it will aid in streghtening and growth. You can get it at any beauty supply. And drink that water girl...most of the time its the lack of it, that causes most of our problems from the top to the bottom.



p.s. I understand the financial part of it. I haven't been able to go to the salon in about 6 months. I have 3 kids and just couldn't keep up with it. But basically if you get a good conditioner and use mild relaxers. I think you will be okay until you make it to your appointment.



Good luck!!!



www. vitaleproducts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
secured loan