Sunday, November 29, 2009

I'm goth, I have been for a long time,I havn't wore black because I was afraid of what my

just a mounth ago i started not to care about what my mom thinks about the whole black thing. and she is always telling me how dark my makeup is and how thik my eyeliner, and complains about the black i wear. I'm a natural blonde. I want to die my hair black but yet again my mom. I thought about it alot and I want to do it. I took a pic. of me and it looked like i had black hair and i looked really good. how can i tell my mom that i want to die my hair black with out her flipping out? should I wait i little while to die my hair? what if it starts a fight. please i need help.



I'm goth, I have been for a long time,I havn't wore black because I was afraid of what my mom would say but...

Compromise with her. You want to dye your hair black but she hates all the black clothing, so show her the pic and tell her you won't wear as much black clothing! You're giving it thought and taking the initiative to ask first before doing, and she just may go for it! GOOD LUCK!!!



I'm goth, I have been for a long time,I havn't wore black because I was afraid of what my mom would say but...

it's not a major life decision...it's a middle school fad. turn your hat around and go about your day.



I'm goth, I have been for a long time,I havn't wore black because I was afraid of what my mom would say but...

it's your job as a kid to resist your folks and show your independance



I'm goth, I have been for a long time,I havn't wore black because I was afraid of what my mom would say but...

If that's who you really are then she will have to learn to accept it. I love goths.



I'm goth, I have been for a long time,I havn't wore black because I was afraid of what my mom would say but...

Personally I prefer natural hair color. But if that is something you want to do, I don't have any problem with it. It sounds like your mom is overreacting. If the worst thing you do at your age is dye your hair black, I'm thinking you are in pretty good shape. Maybe walk up to your mom and say, "I'm pregnant and I'm dying my hair black. Just kidding. I'm not pregnant."



I'm goth, I have been for a long time,I havn't wore black because I was afraid of what my mom would say but...

Goth is a little old. Why don't you mix it up with Beyonce funk, the new ghettofabulous, sport chic and Killers' style new wave? Make it fresh. Who cares what Mom thinks? You are supposed to go against Mom, (NOT WITH DRUGS).



I'm goth, I have been for a long time,I havn't wore black because I was afraid of what my mom would say but...

Shelbie, I have news for you -- you're not "goth." That is a fad that some people follow, it's not a real thing or a thing someone can be. You may like the things "goth" people do, you may think it's cool -- but you're not "goth" and neither is anybody else.



Fads come and go -- 15 years ago there was no such thing as "goth," and in 15 more years there probably won't be either -- there will be something new for those who don't feel they fit in with the mainstream crowd. Think about it -- wearing and dyeing your hair black like every other "goth," how is that a statement of your individuality?



Hey, you're free to do it if you want to -- I can tell you the reason your mom gets upset about it, it's 'cause she wants you to think for yourself and not follow some fad. Which I'd suggest you do, too. If you want to dye your hair black, tell your mom and tell her you think it will look good, let you try it -- if both of you don't like it, you can change it back. But don't do it to be part of some group or follow a fad -- do it because it's what YOU want to do (or don't do it), be an individual not a sheep :)



Good luck.



I'm goth, I have been for a long time,I havn't wore black because I was afraid of what my mom would say but...

stand up now if you don't you will be like this the rest of your life i am 37 just came from my aunts my moms sis funeral i asked the daughters not to do certain things even if this was my aunt and what she would want to keep peace in fam. and i hated it



I'm goth, I have been for a long time,I havn't wore black because I was afraid of what my mom would say but...

who cares what your mom thinks. I've come home with piercings in my face and tattoos. Screw her, but to be honest, the black wont look as good as you think. I have naturally dark brown hair and it looked horrible when I dyed it black. Believe me, it will look like you have a wig on and you'll hate it. I had to chop all of my hair off because the black would not go away and stripping it out fries your hair realy bad. If it looked bad on me and my hair is naturally dark, imagine how it would look on a natural blonde



1 minute ago



I'm goth, I have been for a long time,I havn't wore black because I was afraid of what my mom would say but...

i think it's a common phase for teenagers to have conflicts with their parents regarding their interests vs. their parents' perception. if you think you want to represent yourself as such and confident enough then you can talk to your mom with what you want. i think parents esp mothers will understand their children's perceptions and circumstances.



I'm goth, I have been for a long time,I havn't wore black because I was afraid of what my mom would say but...

i think that you need to just wait on the idea for right now, i know what its like to want to do something like that, and we tend to want to do it now, we get so fixated on doing things at times. if you let it go for a little while, maybe it wont be as big of a deal to your mom later. it seems that the more we push to do the things our parents don't want us to do, the more they will hate the idea. so try reverse pchycology, act as if it don't matter anymore. maybe she will meet you half way. invite your mom out to the salon to have a girls day out at the salon!!!! go to a hip salon like racco's or something. the stylist's are really really hip, and know and understand what we want, they are excellent at getting moms to bend and go against what they are feeling!!! Take it from me, I have 1 15 year old son who wanted a moe hock, i said no way, never...we went to the salon for a different hair cut, and the stylist had me convinced that she could do a moe hock on him, and that it would look good... so i trusted her, he loved it, and in one month, he chained it again!!!!



I'm goth, I have been for a long time,I havn't wore black because I was afraid of what my mom would say but...

Yeah my mom and I used to have these discussions all the time. She didn't worry that I was doing anything evil, she just didn't like the "death warmed over" aesthetic that I was going for.



If you want to feel better about your blonde hair though, go take a look at the cover of the Fleetweood Mac album "Rumours". Seriously. The music isn't gothic, but the aesthetic sure is. Not good enough? How about the lead singer for The Dreamside?



If you just think you look better with darker hair, try it out with a temporary hair dye like Natural instincts, or perhaps Manic Panic if you're feeling a bit braver. (MP will wash out COMPLETELY which NI sometimes won't, but it doesn't come in any natural colors except black.) Talk it over with your mom and explain that it'll last about a month. You might compromise and go brunette or deep auburn. Further compromises might include wearing a few jewel tones in addition to the black, and refraining from lining under your eye. Basically now is the time to enjoy how you look and not worry- but if you're getting an ulcer over this, it's not worth it.



Incidentally- to the guy who said that fifteen years ago there was no goth- there was. The gothic subculture began in 1977 as a direct result of a magazine review of the music of Joy Division. For a fad, it's showing remarkable staying power.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
secured loan